About the Fellowship
The TunCPH Public Health Fellowship Programme provides an opportunity to young and excellent predoctoral and postdoctoral researchers to conduct, under the guidance of mentors, cooperative research related to public and global health issues. The program aims to help public health researchers advance their own research, shaving a personal pathway while expanding opportunities for them to exchange knowledge and expertise through the Exchange program, partnerships, training and participation to research symposium.
The main aim of this programme is to:
- Support students to conduct research in public health
- Establish a research agenda in the country covering various and impending subjects/domains in public health
- Provide technical support and high level of mentorship from experts with TunCPH and other partners within TunCPH network.
- Publish high impact research on pressing public health issues in Tunisia
- Provide financial support to conduct public health research.
For more details, please contact the programme director, Melek Somai, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fields of Research
- Primary Healthcare
- Health innovation and technologies
- Non-communicable diseases
- Child and maternal health
- Reproductive health
- Health Security and Environment (HSE)
- Mental health
- Health quality and safety
- HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (HTM)
- Emergencies and Country Collaboration (PEC)
- If any other topic, a proposal can be submitted and discussed by the program coordinator/ staff members.
- Eligible applicants: Undergraduate, Graduate and post- Doctoral researchers from medical school, Dental medical school, Veterinary school, Pharmacy school and Nursing school.
- A copy of the candidate's diploma. If the degree has not yet been awarded, a letter is required from the candidate's institution stating about his enrolment.
- The programme is open to Tunisian and International applicants.
- The thesis must be completed within 10 months (subject to adjustment).
- Applicants must provide a 1000 word research proposal identifying the subject area, the resources, and the dissertation plan (to be refined).
- Administrative approval could be "pending" on submission but must be completed before granting the funds.
- A supervisor at the medical school must be appointed prior to granting the funds.
TunCPH reserves the right to refuse acceptance to any application.
- Are applications open? Applications are not open yet. Please stay tuned; we will launch the programme very soon. If you want to be notified, please follow us on Twitter and/or our Facebook page.
- Can I receive financial support? Yes. We are aiming to provide financial support to some applicants depending on the scope of the project and the financial situation.
- Can I define my own project scope? Yes. But, it has to be approved by the advisory committee.
- Can I apply for the fellowship if I'm a student from abroad and want to be hosted to conduct my research? Absolutely. We can coordinate with your institution. Please contact the programme director by email.